Hello Kitty Divas, It's Ellie, your Kitty Diva Blogger and I'm back!
Yes I have been very absent from your computer screens for a while I know, sixth form has basically TAKEN OVER MY LIFE.
I also went to see my dad for two weeks, he now lives abroad and while I was out there, I met a 20 year old Diva called Dane. He moved out there from Birmingham to be with is mum and he recognised me from Kitty's 'Glitter in the Sky' lyric video! How crazy is that! He told me he loved Kitty and he loves Glitter in the Sky. His favourite performances of hers on The X Factor was 'Oh So Quiet' which I also absolutely loved!
Now onto the post: Glamour and Damage Album review
Now I know this came out a while back but I haven't managed to a review on it yet!
Here we go!!
Track one - The Damage is Done
I love the way this songs starts off soft and then it goes into it and the lyrics are very meaningful too 'I'm strong, now you're gone... now I'm back and I'm here to stay.... The damage is done and I'm over you'. I would say this song would be very good in trying to get over a breakup as the lyrics are very empowering and strong and encourage you to carry on and keep your head up even though the damage is done.
Track two - Glitter in the Sky
Well, this song is amazing as it's obviously the debut single, how can you NOT like it!! It's just an all-round, feel-good song made for partying and dancing and singing at the top of your lungs home alone or blasting out in your car with the windows down on the motorway. This song puts me in a good mood no matter what mood I've been in, I know I can listen to it and I'll instantly be cheered up.
Track three - Yearning
I bloody love this song - one of my favourites on the album. I love the holiday feel it has too it, it has a summer vibe... I'm not sure why and I love the lyrics in this too. This song also makes me want to get up and dance around the living room or if I'm listening to it on the train I'll tap my foot to the beat of the chorus. I like how the verses are so soft and the chorus is so impacting with dance beats I love it!
Track four - Where There's Fire
This is also another one of my favourites. It's got a very rock feel, but it's still pop and Kitty's vocals are amazing on this track and I love the lyrics too. This song makes me feel very sassy and that I can stand up to anything, it just as that feel to the song. I enjoy singing to this song too as it's very powerful. The lyrics 'Don't deny the truth, your a liar, liar, everybody wants to play with fire, fire' are very true of certain people I know...
Track five - Chains
My favourite song on the album is Chains. This song, oh my gosh, it gives me so many emotions its unreal. Kitty released this song a while back on YouTube... I think it was summer 2013 and it got support from Brian May from Queen and it was the first time since The X Factor that I had seen Kitty be recognised for her insane musical talent rather than what she was wearing or doing that wan't right and all the bad media press. This song is a very emotional one for me as it means a lot to me, the lyrics touch me and it can, sometimes, depending my mood, make me cry. The video of this is lovely and touching too because it;'s just Kitty being Kitty and her smiling and it's wonderful.
Track six - Light A Candle
I know this is an emotional song for Kitty. It's not one of my favourites but I do like it. It has a slight country feel to it which I like and sometimes it does make me emotional because of it's message that it carries about remembering those who are 'dead and gone'.
Track seven - Hitch Another Ride
This is another dancing track and it's very poppy which I love and I like dancing to this while I'm doing housework or coursework as it brings up my mood. Lyrics 'hitch another ride on the roller-coaster, take another chance' its basically saying, come on, take a chance in life and see where it takes you because taking chances sometimes pays off.
Track eight - Remix
Remix was obviously Kitty's entry to Eurovison, sadly, she didn't get through but, we can still enjoy this up-beat song on her album. The lyrics, again, are very uplifting and positively motivating. This song for me, is associated with memories of watching Kitty's journey through Eurovision and supporting her through this wonderful journey she's been on.'
Track nine - Queen of Hearts
This is a song you may listen to when in a sad mood, which is what I do. I love this song as you can listen to the original demo on Kitty's soundcloud page. The whole 'Queen of Hearts' element is almost like Alice in Wonderland and I love fairy tales which is why I like this song too. 'I see the Glamour, you see the Damage' are lyrics in this songs and there we have the reason why the album is titled how it is. Some people see Glamour in things, while others see Damage, while other may see both.
Track ten - Naked Truth
Another great powerful song that has another rocky edge to it and it's very good for getting over a jerk you were in a relationship with. There's a lovely chant in it that Kitty did with a crowd at one of her gigs that goes 'You're not worthy, you're not worthy' over and over and it sounds great and it's basically saying you're not worthy of me and I deserve better which is why it's such a great song for getting over a break up
Track eleven - Titanium in the Sky (Kitty vs David Guetta Fan Remix)
How ever did this is a genius! This is good! It makes the song faster than usual which is great to run or walk too, I also find when I'm typing something and need to get it done, this song helps me complete it as fast as possible. This remix is one of my favourites of all time and I'm so glad someone did this! The two tracks compliment each other perfectly.
Track twelve - Glitter in the Sky (Morlando Remix)
Whoever did this remix is also a genius! I don't usual;y like Remix's of songs but these last two tracks on the album are an exception because they are just so great. This remix has a very summer feel too it and very club feel. It's a great remix to dance too and just let out your energy!
There we have it! My 12 track review of the Glamour and Damage Album by Kitty Brucknell
I hope you enjoyed it! Don't forget to go and buy the album from pledge music and the single 'Glitter in the Sky' from ITunes!
Lots of Love,
Your Diva Blogger,
Ellie
@Diva_Blog31
No comments:
Post a Comment